Myeloma is a blood cancer arising from abnormal plasma cells, and represents about 15% of blood cancers, and 2% of all cancers.
My father sadly passed away shortly following a diagnosis of Myeloma – a condition I had never heard of before his diagnosis – and would therefore like to nominate Myeloma UK as the President’s Charity for 2019.
Myeloma UK is dedicated to helping Myeloma patients live longer, and have the best quality of life through:
- Investing in patient centred research
- Improving standards of treatment and care for Myeloma patients
- Working with decision makers to ensure that Myeloma patients get access to the right treatment at the right time
- Raising awareness of Myeloma through education
- Providing support services to patients and their families to help them deal with everything that a myeloma diagnosis brings
I look forward to supporting Myeloma UK during the tenure as FOIL President.
James Heath FOIL President