CPR Update – extension of FRC
- FOIL select
- London FOIL
The Civil Procedure (Amendment No.2) Rules 2023 enter into force on 1st October 2023.
The SI contains Rule amendments in respect of:
• The extension of FRC to all civil claims across the fast track, including a new process and separate table of costs for Noise Induced Hearing Loss (NIHL) claims valued up to £25,000.
• A new intermediate track and corresponding FRC for less complex claims valued at more than £25,000, but not more than £100,000.
• FRC will apply to all cases in the fast track and the new intermediate track, with limited exceptions.
• Specific provisions for vulnerable parties and witnesses under the extended FRC regime.
• The arrangements for Part 36 offers to settle in low value personal injury cases already subject to FRC have been updated to cover all FRC claims.